Food Pantry: Available to the community, 24/7. Current needs include:
- jams and jellies
- tuna and canned chicken
- ramen noodles
- canned peaches
- pears and apricots
- bath soap
- cake, brownie and muffin mixes
- school lunchbox snacks for kids.
We're also collecting items for Thanksgiving food baskets for Columbia and Midview Schools families. Can you help provide canned sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, canned veggies, instant mashed potatoes or boxed scalloped potatoes, or bagged or boxed stuffing mixes? Thank you!
Refugee Resettlement: NECC is working with Disciples In Action to collect household items for refugees being settled in the Greater Cleveland area. Please place any donations in the gathering area outside the sanctuary doors (narthex), beneath the representational painting of Jesus standing at the door and knocking.
You may also make a monetary donation via neccdisciples.com by clicking on GIVE, then on General Fund and adding a note that it is for the Afghan refugees. These items should be new or gently used. Our focus is on dignity.
● Kitchen: can openers, spatulas, wooden spoons, measuring cups, sieves, graters, cutting boards, mixing bowls (metal or glass), flatware trays, complete sets of flatware, steak knives, cutting knives, glasses, cups, strainers, serving bowls, platters, kitchen towels, oven mitts, large frying pans, stock pots with lids, sauce pans, large oven-safe baking dishes
● Bedroom: blankets, comforters, sheet sets and mattress pads (full and twin), pillows, throws
● Bathroom: heavy shower liners, shower rings, bath mats, washcloths
● Cleaning: hand soap, brooms, dustpans, mops, buckets, floor cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brushes, dish soap, thirteen gallon kitchen trash cans with lids, small bathroom trash cans, Vacuums
● Laundry: baskets, detergent, hangers, clotheslines, clothespins
● Household Items: Lamps: floor and table (working order), lightbulbs; Rugs: the bigger the better, Bags: Reusable grocery bags large and small, Rolling “granny cart” for groceries
● Appliances: tea kettle (stovetop and electric), microwave ovens, coffee pots (stovetop and electric), toasters, pressure cookers, rice cookers (in working order)
● Paper products: towels, tissues, and toilet paper
● Toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, razors, body wash, lotion, dental floss, toothpaste, band aids, Q-tips, nail clippers, nail files, hairbrushes, combs, feminine products,
● Baby: baby and children’s shampoo, baby lotion, Pack-n-Play cribs and sheets, standard cribs, crib mattress, crib sheets
● Children: books that teach the alphabet and early math skills, soccer balls, baby dolls with all skin colors, backpacks with school supplies (rulers, scissors, calculators, paper, folders, tape)
● Electronics: televisions, laptops, sewing machines (working order)
● Visa Gift Cards for Groceries ($25 or more) - Marc’s, Walmart, Save-A-Lot
Laundry Love: Hosting (and funding) a pre-arranged day of clothes laundering at a local coin laundry, for all who arrive. Snacks and activities are also provided for children present.
School Collections: Collecting school supplies, snacks, treats, and other needed items for our surrounding school districts--Columbia and Midview.
Angel Tree: Purchasing Christmas gifts on behalf of incarcerated parents, for their children.